What is IEC, you say?
CUE, along with Fresno Pacific University, has put together an amazing six month online Innovative Educator Certificate (IEC) program devoted to meeting your educational technology needs. Many schools have invested in various tech tools including tablets and laptops. This influx of technology has left many teachers with the desire to learn more about these tools and the drive to use technology in new and bold ways. The IEC program is designed to answer and drive that desire.
And now, here are the….
- Google Educator Level 1 Certificate. Through this course you will have the opportunity to earn your Google Educator Level 1 Certificate.
- Leading Edge Certification. Leading Edge Certification for Online and Blended Teacher is built into the course.
- Confidence! New technology can be intimidating. However, with the support of cohort members and pedagogical tools, you will begin to feel comfortable and confident in your implementation of new tools, ideas, and methods. And with confidence comes risk and with risk comes growth and greater risk.
- Transform your teaching. IEC provides a hands-on, practical approach to using technology in the classroom. Each class allows participants to use their newly acquired knowledge in their classrooms immediately. Watch how your teaching grows over the six months. Watch your students thrive and be inspired by your innovations.
- Grow your PLN. Each cohort consists of no more than 20 participants. This allows for strong collaborations and discussions. Along with cohort members, many sessions are lead by Google Certified Innovators, Google Education Trainers, CUE Rock Stars, and Apple Distinguished Educators. Participants will join a private G+ community to discuss, collaborate, and share ideas.
- Leadership. The more you learn throughout the courses, the more excited you will become. You will begin sharing your ideas with others at your site. Many times, others will begin to seek out your knowledge.You become the leader, mentor and guide for others around you. ‘Paying it forward’ has never been so rewarding.
- The Badge! Everyone loves recognition. After completing all courses and coursework, you receive an IEC badge which you can then display on your blog, website, and email signature.
- 18 Units. Not only are all of the instructors top-notch educators, you also earn 18 graduate level units. Nine of these units can transfer to an FPU’s Master Program.
There has been a high interest in the Fall 2016 Cohort, and the previous Spring’s cohort filled up quickly. If you’re interested check out CUE IEC at the CUE 2016 Fall Conference – Friday, October 28, at 11:00 am in room D161, or contact Jon Corippo at email@example.com. Can’t wait for you to join us!
Join us for every #CUEIEC twitter chat on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00pst. Each chat lasts a half hour. Our next chat is Thursday, October 6.
Lisa is a Google Certified Innovator, Google Education Trainer, PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator, Leading Edge Certified (Online & Blended Learning, Digital Educator), 2016 Apple Teacher, ClassDojo Mentor and presenter. She has helped others through her blog: NowaTechie.com. In 2010 Lisa was awarded the Crystal Apple Award sponsored by the local NBC affiliate. In 2015, she was Teacher of the Year at King City Arts Magnet. She has been an Ed Tech innovator in her district for over 15 years. Lisa currently teaches 5th grade. As a district technology leader, she pioneered 1:1 Chromebooks in her district. Most recently, she has launched a podcast with Nancy Minicozzi (@coffeenancy) name – T.L.C. – Tech. Learn. Coffee.