All of us at CUE have been watching the devastating fires in Northern and Southern California. We are heartbroken at the loss of the homes, schools, and businesses of our extended CUE family. We have set up this page as a resource for our members looking to help those affected by the fires and are including links to many of the organizations that we are hearing from. At this time of year we are thankful and grateful for all of you and we stand ready to help in any small way we can.
The Staff and Board of CUE
If you have a resource or story to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter at #CUEcares.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP ❤️
Last updated 11/30/18
Thank you to CUE member Randall Sampson for creating a beautiful visual page with all the CUE Cares resources!
- The Butte County Office of Education created the Schools Fire Relief Fund to provide support directly to schools in Butte County.
- The California Charter Schools Association is coordinating a fundraising site to support those in the Paradise and Butte County communities.
- GoFundMe has set up pages to directly help people affected by the fires. Read here to help.
- Facebook has a Crisis Response page for the Woolsey Fire, which includes fundraising through GlobalGiving.
- Google is channeling donations through the Center for Disaster Philanthropy. Read more about it here.
- The Red Cross is providing both shelter and emotional support for evacuees. You can visit RedCross.org, or
text REDCROSS to 90999 to make an automatic $10 donation.
- Give to the Ventura County Community Foundation‘s Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire Sudden and Urgent Needs Effort Fund.
- The United Way of Greater Los Angeles is partnering with United Way of Ventura County to collect donations to its Disaster Relief Fund. Donate online or text “UWVC to 41444.”
- Donate directly to Direct Relief, which helps provide resources to healthcare agencies and first responders in wildfire-affected areas across California.
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka is matching all donations, up to $25,000.
- The Salvation Army Ventura Corps is accepting donations to go toward California wildfire relief.
- The California Fire Foundation is a nonprofit that is distributing emergency funds to fire victims, including distributing prepaid credit cards to help victims buy food, clothing, and shelter. Donate to the SAVE program here.
- The Entertainment Industry Foundation is raising money through its Fire Relief Fund to help those affected.
- You can also donate directly to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
- The Firefighters Charitable Foundation accepts donations to support volunteer fire stations and help wildfire victims.
Donate Goods/Services or Help Rescue Animals
- Through Airbnb, give an evacuee or a firefighter a free place to stay. Find out more here.
- Donate non-perishable food items to the Salvation Army Ventura Corps, which is providing food and shelter to victims and first responders.
- Caring Choices in Butte County is currently looking for medical volunteers.
- Baby2Baby is distributing essential items to children affected by the ongoing fires. Help them supply diapers, wipes, blankets, and other basic baby needs by purchasing from their registry.
- Other volunteer opportunities related to the fires are posted on California Volunteers, including financial and other donations.
- The Humane Society of Ventura County is accepting animals evacuating from the Hill and Woolsey fires, and they’re also looking for support. You can donate to the organization here or purchase needed items through their Amazon Wish List here. Locals can also apply to volunteer to help evacuate animals in the future.
- Give money to the Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation, which will support various shelters’ relief efforts.
(Thank you to the Charter Schools Development Center (CSDC) for this comprehensive list.)